Which electric vehicles have the longest range?
Electric vehicles (EVs) are becoming increasingly popular in the UK, with more and more drivers considering making the switch from traditional petrol and diesel vehicles. One of the most important factors to consider when choosing an EV is range - the distance the vehicle can travel on a single charge. In this blog, we will explore some of the electric vehicles with the longest ranges currently available in the UK, with list prices in British pounds (£) as of 2023.
- Lucid Air: The Lucid Air is a luxury EV that boasts an impressive range of up to 520 miles on a single charge. The base price for the Lucid Air in the UK is £74,500, making it one of the most expensive EVs on the market. However, it's worth noting that this price includes a generous tax credit from the UK government. This vehicle is noted to be far greater a car than the Tesla.
- Tesla Model S Plaid: The Tesla Model S Plaid is the latest version of Tesla's flagship sedan, offering a range of up to 390 miles on a single charge. The UK price for the Model S Plaid starts at £120,000, making it one of the most expensive EVs on the market. However, Tesla's extensive charging network and impressive performance capabilities make it a popular choice for many drivers with a higher budget.
- Tesla Model X: The Tesla Model X is an all-electric SUV that offers a range of up to 371 miles. The UK price for the Model X starts at £92,000, making it nearly £30,000 less expensive than the Model S Plaid. The Model X also features a unique falcon-wing door design and advanced safety features.
- Audi e-tron: The Audi e-tron is a luxury SUV that offers a range of up to 222 miles on a single charge. The UK price for the e-Tron starts at £70,000, making it a mid-budget option than some of the other EVs on this list. The e-tron features a spacious interior, advanced technology, and impressive performance capabilities, of course, it’s an Audi.
- Ford Mustang Mach-E: The Ford Mustang Mach-E is a new all-electric crossover SUV that offers a range of up to 300 miles. The UK price for the Mach-E starts at £41,000, making it one of the more affordable EVs on this list. The Mach-E features a sporty design, advanced technology, and impressive performance capabilities.
- Hyundai Kona Electric: The Hyundai Kona Electric is a compact SUV that offers a range of up to 300 miles on a single charge. The UK price for the Kona Electric starts at £35,000, making it probably the most affordable of the EVs on the market. The Kona Electric is also eligible for the UK government's plug-in car grant, which can save drivers up to £2,500 on the purchase price.
In reflection, there are several electric vehicles with long ranges available in the UK, offering drivers the ability to travel long distances without needing to stop and recharge. While some of these EVs come with a high price tag, the UK government's tax credits and plug-in car grant can make them more affordable for many drivers. As battery technology continues to improve, we can expect to see even longer ranges in the future, making EVs an even more attractive option for UK drivers looking to reduce their carbon footprint.